Thursday 7 April 2016

Innocence - Blog Post

The Man from The Bush turned around and told me, ‘It’s so easy to forget what we learn. We need to practice regularly, what a waste of a life it is if we just keep relearning the same old lessons.’

The Man from The Bush sits next to me daily, telling me insights I need to know, imparting his wisdom for others to hear. I bathe myself in his calmness on a regular basis.

Sometimes when I talk to myself, I can hear my innocence. I thought I had lost it years ago but for the last few years I have re-learned that it has always been within. How many times in my life will I need to re-learn that innocence is an inner facet I will never relinquish? That I will never harden with experience?

I don’t want to waste my time re-learning. I want to devote my time to accepting.

I accept there is innocence within me. Along with wonder, excitement, purity and joy in simplicity… I hope I never forget that being innocent brings a joyous hue to walking through the park and sitting in the trees, hugging a friend after a long time, sitting on the beach and watching the sun travel to the Southern hemisphere… The quality of innocence within brings me joy.

When I don’t see The Man from The Bush then I know my day will be a little less brighter and will hold a little less wisdom. But I know I can hold on to the lessons I am learning and try to practice my own wisdom daily. I don't have to waste any more time.


You can read other blog posts here: Gracie's blog posts   

Follow me here...
Twitter: Gracie's Twitter Page
Facebook: Gracie's FB page

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post about Innocence and as always well written. My guess is that the bushman or the man from the bush is been may be put on Gracie's way to further awake her, to throw cold water into her eyes, as he is unable to make you a cup of tea.

    Osho in "The man who loved Seagulls" stated" Be an individual if you want to be happy. If you want to be happy, then start choosing on your own. There are many times when you will have to be disobedient- be! There are many times when you will have to be rebellious-be! There is no disrespect implied in it. Be respectful to your parents. But remember that your deepest responsibility is toward your own being." Happiness is a basic condition- Be happy! and meditation or religion will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adrien! One thing I have learned in my adventures in Shamanism is that we are all equal, we are walking each other home, and that everyone and everything is a tool for awakening. However, I have to say, I have had enough cold water thrown in my eyes in this lifetime, and enough teachers and Gurus for now. It is time to stand on my own two feet. Also, I would much prefer if someone made me a cup of organic green tea with a teaspoon of honey :) I love the Osho quote! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was just a guess as I don't know what the man from the bush thinks. However I would like to add that Standing on own two feet, does not imply ones will not need nudging and furthermore receiving guidance from someone does not mean that they become ones teachers or Gurus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Remove contentDeleteSpam50
      1-15 of 15 newer comments1Older comments

      You are right but what I'm saying is that everyone and everything is a teacher - irregardless of whether they are nudging or giving guidance and that the transaction is always two way. No one ever really knows the effect they create. The Man from the Bush is a very positive influence in my life as I watch him live authentically and his bravery in doing so. Just like I do from everyone. I would prefer to consider the relationship a friendship that is equal and positive for both and where both people learn and mainly have lots of fun :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment!